Monday, February 16, 2009

Serial Killers 2 Week 1

This is a series based on the some of the darkest of sins. It is a series intended to show the lives of certain serial killers, to show their humanity, and to highlight the things that cause this kind of death in a person that would compel them to kill another in cold blood. Be advised, there are graphic materials in his series and during the duration of my studies for this one, I have become depressed, saddened, and disheartened.




Albert Fish
Serial Killers 2
Week 1



There are few killers in American history that are remembered today as being as deranged and fiendish as the seemingly kind and harmless, Albert Fish. He looked like every child's favorite grandfather but behind the quiet facade of his silver hair and mustache lurked a hideous monster who preyed on the young and the innocent with his horrific "instruments of hell" -- a meat cleaver, a butcher knife and a saw. He was the self-admitted molester of more than 400 children during a span of 20 years and in the words of one of the shocked psychiatrists who examined him, he lived a life of "unparalleled perversity." Albert Fish remains one of the oldest men ever executed in the electric chair but it was a death that came too late for many of his victims. (prairighosts)
A Letter From Hell
"My dear Mrs. Budd,
In 1894 a friend of mine shipped as a deck hand on the Steamer Tacoma, Capt. John Davis. They sailed from San Francisco for Hong Kong China. On arriving there he and two others went ashore and got drunk. When they returned the boat was gone. At that time there was famine in China. Meat of any kind was from $1 to 3 Dollars a pound. So great was the suffering among the very poor that all children under 12 were sold for food in order to keep others from starving. A boy or girl under 14 was not safe in the street. You could go in any shop and ask for steak -- chops -- or stew meat. Part of the naked body of a boy or girl would be brought out and just what you wanted cut from it. A boy or girls behind which is the sweetest part of the body and sold as veal cutlet brought the highest price. John staid there so long he acquired a taste for human flesh. On his return to N.Y. he stole two boys one 7 one 11. Took them to his home stripped them naked tied them in a closet. Then burned everything they had on. Several times every day and night he spanked them -- tortured them -- to make their meat good and tender. First he killed the 11 year old boy, because he had the fattest ass and of course the most meat on it. Every part of his body was Cooked and eaten except the head -- bones and guts. He was Roasted in the oven (all of his ass), boiled, broiled, fried and stewed. The little boy was next, went the same way. At that time, I was living at 409 E 100 st., near -- right side. He told me so often how good Human flesh was I made up my mind to taste it. On Sunday June the 3 --1928 I called on you at 406 W 15 St. Brought you pot cheese -- strawberries. We had lunch. Grace sat in my lap and kissed me. I made up my mind to eat her. On the pretense of taking her to a party. You said Yes she could go. I took her to an empty house in Westchester I had already picked out. When we got there, I told her to remain outside. She picked wildflowers. I went upstairs and stripped all my clothes off. I knew if I did not I would get her blood on them. When all was ready I went to the window and called her. Then I hid in a closet until she was in the room. When she saw me all naked she began to cry and tried to run down the stairs. I grabbed her and she said she would tell her mamma. First I stripped her naked. How she did kick -- bite and scratch. I choked her to death, then cut her in small pieces so I could take my meat to my rooms. Cook and eat it. How sweet and tender her little ass was roasted in the oven. It took me 9 days to eat her entire body. I did not fuck her tho I could of had I wished. She died a virgin."
This was a letter from Albert Fish, an old man that looked like everyone’s favorite grandpa. He was frail and gray looking and he had this habit of clenching and unclenching his fists. He was born in 1870 and despite having family that could have taken him in, he was orphaned. He grew up, got married and raised 6 children. He was by American standards a pretty happy guy, weird but happy. Turns out his wife was a bit off too. As albert arrived home one day, he found all of his furniture missing and his wife gone, she had left him and run off with a mentally challenged man. He was distraught and had a hard time performing his day to day activities. Well, one day, the wife had fallen on hard times financially and came back to Albert holding hands with her new love. She asked Albert if they could both come and live with the family. He told her, you can, but he can’t. She agreed and sent the new love away. She moved back in, however, she did not tell Albert that she was hiding the new guy up in the attic all day sneaking him up food. Albert found out and immediately kicked both of them out never to see Mrs. Fish again.
After this Albert went off the deep end. He became fascinated with hurting himself, hiring neighborhood kids to beat him with boards with protruding nails. He would burn himself and pierce himself all over just to feel the “joy” in the pain. Albert was one weird cookie.
There are many details about this guy that I cannot reveal, they are too obscene. disgusting, and morbid to read much less think about.
This particular murder he wrote about in this letter was the thing that did him in as he used his own handwriting and stamp and details that led to his arrest. As he was arrested, he told the police that came who he was then tried to slice his arrester with a razor blade, he failed and was arrested and found with his pockets stuffed with razors and needles. He later confessed in pride and with horrible detail the hundreds of children he had raped and the dozens he had killed and eaten. He confessed of his taste for human flesh and had no shame in what he had done. He was ex-rayed and what they found were throughout his body, especially his abdomen and nether regions, he had pushed 26 rusty needles into his pelvis. Photo. He was sentenced to death by electric chair at Sing Sing prison. He said of his impending death: “Going to the electric chair will be the supreme thrill of my life.” He meant it because when it was time, he finished his last meal of steak, probably rare, and quickly walked to the chair as if he were trying to get on the next ride at Cedar Point. He even helped strap his arms down to the side. He was giddy and excited. They pulled the lever and legend has it, the needles inside of him caused a short and it took him being fried twice to die. He released some notes just before he died. Most people like to confess to things or apologize before they are executed, he gave the letters to his lawyer who said, “I will never show it to anyone," Dempsey said. "it was the most filthy string of obscenities that I have ever read.”
Here is Albert’s account of his upbringing. "My father dropped dead October 15, 1875, in the old Pennsylvania Station where President Garfield was shot, and I was placed in St. John's Orphanage in Washington. I was there till I was nearly nine, and that's where I got started wrong. We were unmercifully whipped. I saw boys doing many things they should not have done. I sang in the choir from 1880 to 1884 -- soprano, at St. John's. I came to New York. I was a good painter -- interiors or anything.”
I studied this case for the last Serial Killers and decided not to pursue more study being that the details are so sick they messed me. I had reservations about talking about what this guy did in fear of glorifying the man. Making him a joke, when he is not a joke, he is the furthest from a joke, he was ingrained with evil things, and they manifested themselves in him doing horrible and literally unspeakable things. However, the story of Albert Fish does teach us some things. All of the people we are going to hear about in this series are going to teach us some things. We will hear their stories and be grossed out and offended. We will paint them as monsters in our heads and try to make fairy tales out of them. Here is the reality though: Albert Fish was real. He was a human being that did things you could not even bear to think about. No movie has ever depicted the torture and cruelty. This was the sickest serial killer of all time bar none. In the trial, some argued you would have to be insane to do these things, Fish said he didn’t really think so. This is sin folks. Albert Fish was a sinner and the truth is, he was still loved by God.
Fish made this comment in regards to his religious reasons for doing this stuff. “Happy is he that taketh Thy little ones and dasheth their heads against the stones.” "What I did must have been right or an angel would have stopped me, just as an angel stopped Abraham in the Bible [from sacrificing his son]."
Once again we come to the question how could God let this happen and the answer is the same, He didn’t cause this, our sin caused this. The finger is always pointed at us for our sins, not why did God allow it?
Psa. 106:43 Many times he delivered them, but they were bent on rebellion and they wasted away in their sin.
We are a broken people like we have seen. This is going to be a theme this year because when we realize that we are all broken together, fear of each other’s brokenness is driven out and we begin to care about each other. We need to see that we are all messed up, maybe not in the ways that Albert Fish was, but in the same sin that caused him to go berserk and do these things, the same sin lives around us. The same sin wants you to waste away in it. The reality of living this life is that we have to deal with the curse of sin and we have to be able to admit that we sin. We cannot hold ourselves up to a guy like Albert Fish and say, well compared to this guy, I am good, great. The Bible says that all sin is the same to Him. If we broke one of His laws we broke them all. We are in this life and this battle forever.
Eph. 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
My mom used to be all about spiritual warfare in that we were all fighting demons. She would routinely perform exorcisms in my room convinced that the devil had gotten a hold of me. Truth is as much as I like to think she was crazy. She was right, I had been deceived and engulfed by the evil one and it led me to want to kill myself. The same devil engulfed people like Albert Fish, and John Wayne Gacy. People that shoot up schools and set bombs in mailboxes. People that fly planes into towers and people who wreck your lives. People who leave you and people who hurt you. The same devil is behind all of this.
Make no mistake about it, evil is at work here. The evil one Satan has the desire and the motive and the means to destroy us. And as we will be looking at the next three weeks, we will see ways in which he has succeeded, but we will also be looking at the ways in which God is our Savior and protector. We will look at the delivering power of our Lord and God. It is God alone that keeps us from falling into these things or any sin that is. We need and rely on Him for help. We will be exploring this more over the next month.
Close

0 comments: