Sunday, July 20, 2008

This Is My Suicide Letter, Part 5

INT. MICAH’S BED ROOM - NIGHT
The scene fades in to Micah sitting in a corner in his room with an almost empty bottle of Captain Morgan in his hands. The Iguana is milling around the room. The floor is hidden by the mess of clothes and garbage. The camera pans through the room and shows all of the paintings of poetry, and eyes, and pictures all over the place. The camera stops at Cold who is sitting in the other corner looking back at Micah who is staring at him.
MICAH
What’s next?
COLD
You die.
Micah just nods and smirks.
COLD
Do you really want this? Living your life in garbage, dreaming dreams that mean nothing to you? Sitting here in your own pile of pain and piss, just waiting for morning to come so you can sleep? This isn’t going to stop you know. The dreams, me, we aren’t going away.
MICAH
Wh....
COLD
Why? You know why don’t you? Yeah, you have always known can’t you see that Micah? Your an abortion, you just haven’t died yet. Your completely colorless. Mommy never wanted you did she, not after he left. Who can you turn to, God? That’s a joke now isn’t it?
MICAH
You?
COLD
(chuckles) I don’t want you either. I am a just a collector of broken parts. Someone has to clean up the mess you leave as you pass through.
MICAH
I hate you.
COLD
Yeah you do. Almost as much as you hate yourself, but not quite. Your merely dust Micah, and the wind is blowing. Here you are lying in a corner because there is a lion in the streets. But where can you hide in here? In here it is just you and me, that’s our bond, that belongs to us, and no one can ever take that from us. You need me. You rely on me to keep your eyes from all of the pain you don’t want to admit you feel. I am the rainman. Cover me in ashes and abandon me in the cold, I...
MICAH
I’ll still be here, I’ll still exist.
COLD
Yes you will won’t you?
MICAH
Go away.
COLD
Ok, I’ll leave, but sooner or later you will realize how much you need me. And you will try very hard to make sense of your filth, but you never will because you can’t admit that you are the filth in a rather pretty world. So you sleep, and I will see you tomorrow.
Cold brushes Micah’s hair from his eyes before he leaves.
COLD
Wake up Micah.
Micah lays his head back and falls asleep.
FADE OUT.
INT. RECORD STORE - DAY
Micah (19) and Ellis are in the store, attempting to steal some CDs. The are doing so by taking a small knife and cutting off the wrapper and plastic around the CD, then stuffing them in their pockets. Micah watches as a store clerk is getting suspicious of Ellis.
MICAH
Ellis. (Whispering) Ellis.
STORE WORKER
Hey kid! Kid!
Ellis looks over and as he does, Micah shoves all of the cds he has stolen back into the rack. Ellis walks gingerly over to the clerk who is knowingly looking at him.
STORE WORKER
I don’t work for this company, we are just hired help, but I have to call the police when we see someone like yourself robbing us right in front of my eyes. You have about 5 minutes after I call them to be invisible, so I suggest you go.
Ellis puts the cds in the man’s hand and takes off running out of the store. Micah come walking along behind him to the door, but stops at the clerk for a moment.
MICAH
How you doing?
STORE WORKER
Can’t complain.
MICAH
You catch that punk? I saw him taking crap, I was about to tell you.
STORE WORKER
He’ll get caught, they always do, thanks for coming to Spin Doctor, have a nice day.
MICAH
You too.
Micah exits the store and walks down the hallway toward the door. As he does there are three men in suits with manager name tags scurrying past him towards the music department. Micah grins as they run right past him. Micah exits the store and looks for Ellis who is no where to be found in the parking lot. Micah walks over to the large van that they came in and gets in the passenger seats and looks around out all of the windows. He hears a noise from inside the car.
ELLIS
Hey (whispering), hey!
Micah turns and looks to see Ellis lying oblong under all of the seats on the floor of the van. He laughs.
ELLIS
They gone?
MICAH
Yeah. Lets get out of here.
Ellis gets up and they pull out of the parking lot.
ELLIS
Holy crap, I thought I was hit. That little man warned me though.
MICAH
Yeah Guido’s a goodguy. What now?
ELLIS
Wanna go try it again at another store? I think I know a better way.
MICAH
Yeah.
CUT TO:
INT. ANOTHER RECORD STORE - DAY
Micah and Ellis are in the aisle of the other Record Store this time with their jackets over their hands. They are picking up items and putting them under their jackets in their hands. Micah picks up a CD and slides it under his jacket with the many cds that are there. The camera shows under the jacket as he takes the knife and cuts open the wrapper that holds the CD and pulls out the tube and places it into the pocket of his jacket. He then takes the empty wrapping and places it back onto the shelf. He trades glances with Ellis who is still in the CD department doing the same with his jacket. As they begin to leave Micah walks through the check out and purchases a pack of gum. As they walk out, Micah turns to Ellis.
MICAH
We did it!
ELLIS
Shut up not yet.
He looks forward to the door and sees two large men walking toward them. Their pace quickens and so do the mens, but Micah and Ellis are faster. They get to the door and the two men ask for them to hang on a minute. Micah begins to bolt but looks first to Ellis with a look as though they could easily beat these guys. Ellis is a deer caught in the headlights, he cannot and will not move.
MICAH
Ellis! Come on!
Ellis does not move an inch. He is frozen as the two men grab him and put his hands behind his back. Micah looks one more time at Ellis with the thought to run, but cannot leave his friend behind, so he walks over to the men and turns around for them to cuff him.
FADE TO:
INT. JAIL - DAY
The scene fades in as Micah is lying on the bed of one cell and Ellis in the one next to him. The cells are bare of anything including mattresses. The two lay there on stone beds looking back at one another through stone walls.
MICAH
Ellis, you all right?
ELLIS
Ain’t no jail cell big enough to hold me.
Micah laughs.
ELLIS
Who you gonna call?
MICAH
My dad. Imagine that call. Dad, I know we’ve never met, but I assure you I’m a good kid. My name as you probably know is Micah, and could you come and bail me out of jail?
A role of toilet paper come rolling across the floor in font of Micah’s cell. Time passes by and Micah sits awake on the stone bed as he listens to Ellis snore. He begins to beat a corresponding beat to Ellis’ snore on his lap as the guards open the door to Ellis’ cell.
JAIL GUARD
Ellis! Your mommies here.
The camera stays on Micah as he listens to the cell next to him.
ELLIS
Can I just stay here Mr. Occifer? I don’t think I want to see my mom right now, just tell her to come back.
JAIL GUARD
Nope, she paid, so we don’t have to feed you.
Ellis moves out from the cell, the camera still on Micah. Ellis looks around the corner into Micah’s cell.
ELLIS
I’m gonna talk to my mom and get you out of here, don’t worry.
MICAH
See you on the other side.
Ellis leaves and Micah is all alone. The day has turned to night and the cell door opens and Micah sits up.
JAIL GUARD
Dinner time. I know this tastes like crap, but you are a big boy now so you face big boy consequences.
Micah throws the guard a dirty look and rips the plate from the guard. More time elapses showing Micah pacing the cell, and sitting, laying, and even standing on the stone bed. After a minute or so of that the cell opens and Micah exits.
MICAH
I’ll see you soon.
FADE OUT.
INT. MICAH’S HOUSE - DAY
Micah is in the hallway of his house pacing back and forth down the hall way by the bathroom.
MICAH
Come on Cam!
CAMERON
Hang on it takes three minutes.
Micah continues pacing the floor for a minute or two, until the door opens and Cameron walks out holding a pregnancy test. Cameron looks happy, Micah looks scared.
MICAH
Well?
Cameron shows Micah the test that reads positive. She is happy and jumps up and down and hugs Micah. Micah is not enthused. The camera zooms into Micah’s frightened eyes.
CAMERON
I can’t wait to tell my sister.
MICAH
What about your mom?
CAMERON
She can wait till I start to show. What about yours?
MICAH
Might as well tell her now, the sooner she kicks me out the better. I can save the rent money.
CAMERON
(Still embracing Micah)I’m just so excited.
Cameron lifts up her shirt to expose her stomach and looks at it.
CAMERON
You are going to be one cute kid.
MICAH
(Squatting to face Camerons stomach) I am going to give you everything.
Micah stands back up and Cameron kisses him three times fast.

FADE TO:
EXT. IN THE TRUCK - NIGHT
The scene opens with a BB gun pointed at a car window. The trigger is pulled and the window is shattered. Micah is driving, Ellis is in the passenger seat and Ollie is in the back seat of the truck. Ellis throws the gun back at Ollie as Micah hits the gas and stalls the truck. He restarts it and they are off laughing.
ELLIS
You see that.
OLLIE
That was awesome. Lets do it again.
ELLIS
Nice driving Micah.
MICAH
Shut up.
ELLIS
Go to store, I need more cigarettes.
CUT TO:
EXT. CONVENIENCE STORE - NIGHT
The car is pulling into the parking lot. There are a lot of cars milling around the lot, and it is very well lit. Micah’s truck pulls behind another car moving slowly waiting for another car to leave so they can have their parking spot. As the car rolls slowly, Micah’s eyes fix on the eyes of a pretty blonde walking with her hands full of groceries.
ELLIS
Dude, what did your mom do when she found out your gonna be a daddy?
MICAH
She didn’t do anything, she wouldn’t even look at me.
ELLIS
I would give my mom the cry for help speech. I wanted to get caught mom, because you don’t pay any attention to me, all you care about is Ollie.
OLLIE
That’s true.
ELLIS
She would buy it. Wouldn’t even get grounded. She would even cry.
MICAH
I don’t care what my mom thinks about me anymore. Squash it.
Micah and Ellis are startled as the hear a pop and glass breaking. They turn to look at Ollie and see him sitting there with the gun pointed out the window.
ELLIS
Ollie! You idiot!
FADE TO:
EXT. IN THE TRUCK - NIGHT
OLLIE
You guys think anyone saw?
MICAH
(Shaking his head) Stupid.
Lights come up from behind them as Micah looks to the rear view. It is a cop. He turns on his lights.
MICAH
We’re hit. Ollie, hide the gun.
Ellis puts on his seat belt.
ELLIS
They might not know, it just happened.
MICAH
They know.
Micah pulls over to the side of the road and puts his wallet in his hand and rests them on top of the steering wheel. The cops come up from both sides with their guns drawn.
COP
Get out of the car all of you!
Micah and Ellis get out and Ollie stumbles on the seat belt and falls, only to see a flashlight in his face when he looks up.
MICAH
There a problem sir?
COP
Shut up, get on the ground on your face.
Micah gets down and the cops frisk the three of them and cuff them leaving them lying on the ground side by side. One of the cops moves over to the truck and begins searching it. After a minute or so, he pulls out a BB gun.
COP 2
Got it.
Micah throws a glance at Ollie who is looking at him. I put it under an apron, who would look there?
ELLIS
Ollie!
CUT TO:
INT. JAIL - NIGHT
Micah sits in the jail cell.
FADE OUT.

0 comments: